Five Fall cocktail recipes to make while watching UFC 254.
It’s pumpkin season and with 2020 going the way it has a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte might not be strong enough to curb your Fall taste buds. We’ve got your covered with something just a wee bit stronger to pair with your UFC 254 viewing.
One of the perfect liquors to pair with your UFC viewing is a champion’s own brand … no, not Conor McGregor. Instead, we’re featuring two instant Fall classics using two of UFC BMF champion, Jorge Masvidal’s El Recuerdo mezcals. These two recipes were custom-made just for FanSided by El Recuerdo’s mixologist.
- 1.5 oz Recuerdo Mezcal Joen
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 oz cinnamon syrup (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1-2 sticks cinnamon – break apart the cinnamon sticks and heat alongside the water and sugar to a gentle boil and reduce to a simmer for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Pull off the heat and allow to sit 30-60 minutes to infuse the cinnamon. Cool and strain the cinnamon.)
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice then double strain into a chilled old-fashioned glass with ice. Garnish with a roasted pumpkin slice.
Recuerdo Apple Cider
- 1.5 oz Recuerdo Mezcal con Gusano
- 2 orange slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- .75 oz simple syrup
- Apple cider
- Soda water
Directions: In a shaker muddle the orange slices, cinnamon stick, and simple syrup then add the Recuerdo Mezcal, fill with ice and shake. Double strain into a highball with ice, fill with apple cider and finish with a splash of soda. Garnish with a piece of the cinnamon stick.
And if mezcal isn’t your type of cocktail we’ve got a few more recipes that feature rum, vodka and other types of liquor.
Atkins Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Spice
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- Cinnamon stick and star anise for garnish
Directions: Shake together rum, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Place cinnamon stick and star anise on glass for garnish, pour in the drink and serve.
SKYY Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew
- 1.5 oz SKYY Infusions Cold Brew
- 8 oz cold brew coffee
- 1 cup milk or half and half (or milk alternative of choice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbs pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk or half and half, sweetener, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spices. Whisk everything together until the sweetener is totally dissolved and the mixture is steaming. Make sure to not allow it to come to a boil. Combine SKYY Cold Brew, 8 oz cold brew coffee and 2-4 oz pumpkin spice cream over ice and stir.
- 2 parts Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 3 parts Warm Apple Cider
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
Directions: Combine warm apple cider and Proper No. Twelve. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
UFC 254 takes place on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020, live from Fight Island in Abu Dhabi. Follow along with FanSided MMA, who is cageside for the event, for all your live news and highlights.