UFC Vegas 24: Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum official weigh-in results.
Las Vegas, NV — In a little more than 24 hours from now, UFC Vegas 24 will go down at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, topped by a battle of middleweight standouts two years in the making featuring former champ Robert Whittaker and former interim title challenger Kelvin Gastelum.
Before the two make the walk to the Octagon, however, they must first make the walk to the scales and get through the UFC Vegas 24 official weigh-ins.
This fight had originally been scheduled as the main event of UFC 234 in February 2019, with Whittaker as the then-middleweight champion defending the title against Gastelum. On the day of the event, however, Whittaker was forced out of the bout due to a hernia.
Since then, Whittaker dropped the title to Israel Adesanya but has rebounded with wins over Darren Till and Jared Cannonier. He looks to secure a rematch with Adesanya with a win here.
Gastelum lost to Adesanya in an interim title fight at UFC 236 — a fight that earned 2019 Fight of the Year honors. Gastelum then lost to Till and Jack Hermansson before finally getting back in the win column with a victory over Ian Heinisch at UFC 258 in February.
Official weigh-in results for UFC Vegas 24: Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Main Card (10 p.m. ET, ESPN & ESPN+):
- Robert Whittaker (185.5) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (185)
- Jeremy Stephens (156) vs. Drakkar Klose (156)
- Andrei Arlovski (250.5) vs. Chase Sherman (251)
- Abdul Razak Alhassan (185.5) vs. Jacob Malkoun (185.5)
- Luis Pena (155) vs. Alexander Munoz (155.5)
Preliminary Card (7 p.m. ET, ESPN & ESPN+):
- Tracy Cortez (126.5) vs. Justine Kish (125.5)
- Alexandr Romanov (264) vs. Juan Espino (257)
- Jessica Penne (116) vs. Lupita Godinez (116)
- Bartosz Fabinski (184.5 ) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (185.5)
- Austin Hubbard (156) vs. Dakota Bush (155.5)
- Zarah Fairn (147) vs. Josiane Nunes (136)
- Tony Gravely (135.5) vs. Anthony Birchak (135.5)
Zarah Fairn weighed in at 147 pounds for her 139-pound catchweight bout with Josiane Nunes. Nunes came in under at 136 and at press time we are waiting on official confirmation of the status of this bout. But one could assume it will be canceled due to the weight discrepancy.
Tracy Cortez also came in over but half a pound for her fight with Justine Kish.