UFC 274: Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje live results.
An eagerly-anticipated UFC 274 filled with star power lands at the Footprint Center in Phoenix, AZ. But what was scheduled to be a two title-fight headliner (and technically still is) has been thrown for a major loop.
In the main event, Charles Oliveira will face Justin Gaethje. While Oliveira was supposed to enter the cage as UFC lightweight champion, he cannot leave with the belt. As a result of weighing in at 155.5 pounds yesterday, Oliveira has become the first UFC fighter to lose his championship on the scales.
Only Gaethje is eligible to leave UFC 274 with the title. Should Oliveira win the match, the title will be vacant and Oliveira will face another lightweight contender for the vacant strap later in the year.
Oliveira has won 10 straight. He had won the lightweight title by finishing Michael Chandler at UFC 262 last year and successfully defended the title against Dustin Poirier at UFC 269.
Gaethje enters this bout off a unanimous decision win over Chandler at UFC 268 — a fight that earned several Fight of the Year and Round of the Year honors for 2021. Gaethje defeated Tony Ferguson at UFC 249 to become interim lightweight champion, but he fell to Khabib Nurmagomedov in an undisputed title fight that ended up being Nurmagomeodv’s last fight.
The women’s strawweight title will be on the line in the UFC 274 co-main event, as Rose Namajunas defends against Carla Esparza. This will be a rematch of the division’s inaugural title fight in 2014 (the finale to season 20 of The Ultimate Fighter), which saw Esparza submit Namajuas.
Namajunas regained the title from Weili Zhang at UFC 261 and successfully defended the title in a rematch via a controversial split decision at UFC 268. Namajunas previously held the title from November 2017 to May 2019, which saw two wins over Joanna Jedrzejczyk before losing the title to Jessica Andrade.
Esparza enters on a five-fight win streak, most recently topping Yan Xiaonan at a UFC Fight Night event one year ago.
UFC 274 will also feature Chandler vs. Ferguson in an eagerly-anticipated battle of violence, as well as Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon — in what may be the final career bouts for Rua and Cerrone.
UFC 274 results – Main Card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN+ Pay-Per-View)
- Main event – Lightweight Championship: Charles Oliveira* defeated Justin Gaethje via submission (Rear naked choke), Round 1 – 3:22
- Co-Main event – Strawweight Championship: Carla Esparza defeated Rose Namajunas via split decision (48-47, 49-46, 48-47)
- Lightweight: Michael Chandler defeated Tony Ferguson via KO, Round 2 – 0:17
- Light heavyweight: Ovince Saint Preux defeated Maurício “Shogun” Rua via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Welterweight: Randy Brown defeated Khaos Williams via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon – CANCELED DUE TO CERRONE ILLNESS
*Charles Oliviera missed weight and is not eligible for the title
UFC 274 results – Preliminary Card (8 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and ESPN)
- Welterweight: Francisco Trinaldo defeated Danny Roberts via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-26, 30-27)
- Women’s featherweight: Macy Chiasson def. Norma Dumont via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
- Flyweight: Brandon Royval defeated Matt Schnell via submission (guillotine), Round 1 – 2:14
UFC 274 results – Early Preliminary Card (5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass)
- Heavyweight: Blagoy Ivanov defeated Marcos Rogério de Lima via decision (29-28 x3)
- Welterweight: André Fialho defeated Cameron VanCamp via KO, Round 1 – 2:35
- Women’s flyweight: Tracy Cortez defeated Melissa Gatto via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Flyweight: CJ Vergara defeated Kleidison Rodrigues via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Women’s strawweight: Loopy Godinez defeated Ariane Carnelossi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Bantamweight: Journey Newson defeated Fernie Garcia via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)