The NHL season is officially in its final stretch, with the end of the regular season just a month away. The odds to win the Stanley Cup (courtesy of WynnBET) have shifted rapidly in recent weeks as a result.
The eight playoff teams in the Eastern Conference have effectively been decided already. The Panthers, Lightning, Maple Leafs, and Bruins have established themselves as the top dogs in the Atlantic Division. The Rangers, Hurricanes, Capitals, and Penguins have separated themselves from the pack in the Metropolitan.
The Western Conference is still wide open, especially the Pacific Division which is by far the weakest in the league.
Here is the updated list of Stanley Cup odds with a note of what they were at the beginning of the season.
Odds below are updated as of March 27th, 2021.
Odds to win the 2021-22 Stanley Cup
- Colorado Avalanche +350 (Open: +550)
- Florida Panthers +500 (+1500)
- Calgary Flames +750 (+5000)
- Tampa Bay Lightning +800 (+600)
- Carolina Hurricanes +1000 (+2000)
- Boston Bruins +1200 (+1500)
- Toronto Maple Leafs +1200 (+1000)
- Pittsburgh Penguins +1600 (+2500)
- Minnesota Wild +1800 (+2500)
- Vegas Golden Knights +1800 (+750)
- New York Rangers +2000 (+2500)
- Edmonton Oilers +2500 (+4000)
- St. Louis Blues +2500 (+4000)
- Washington Capitals +3000 (+2500)
- Los Angeles Kings +4000 (+8000)
- Dallas Stars +5000 (+2500)
- Nashville Predators +5000 (+7500)
- Vancouver Canucks +10000 (+7500)
- Winnipeg Jets +10000 (+5000)
- Anaheim Ducks +15000 (+15000)
- New York Islanders +20000 (+2000)
- Columbus Blue Jackets +50000 (+30000)
- San Jose Sharks +50000 (+10000)
- Buffalo Sabres +100000 (+50000)
- Chicago Blackhawks +100000 (+5000)
- Detroit Red Wings +100000 (+15000)
- Philadelphia Flyers +200000 (+3000)
- New Jersey Devils +200000 (+5000)
- Ottawa Senators +200000 (+15000)
- Seattle Kraken +500000 (+4000)
- Montreal Canadiens +500000 (+4000)
- Arizona Coyotes +500000 (+25000)
Avalanche Have Competition in Western Conference with Wild, Flames.
There's no doubt that the Colorado Avalanche are the top team in the Western Conference, but they don't have as much of a cake walk to the Stanley Cup Final as what was once assumed.
The Calgary Flames and Minnesota Wild have recently established themselves as real contenders in the West, and their Stanley Cup odds have reflected that fact. The Flames now sit third on the odds list at +750, and the Wild sit ninth at +1800. The Flames will have an advantage, as they'll likely not have to see the Avs until the Western Conference finals.
What Happened to the Toronto Maple Leafs?
The Toronto Maple Leafs were amongst the top Stanley Cup contenders all NHL season, but their odds have begun to drop. They've fallen to fourth in the competitive Atlantic Division, and their odds have changed to +1200 as a result.
Their issues are largely due to their goaltending. They can't find anyone to step up in between the pipes, and they rank 30th in the league in save percentage over their last 25 games. If they want any hope of playoff success, they need to find an answer. If not, they'll be staring down the barrel of yet another first round exit.