Mountain West West Division rivals San Jose State and Fresno State face off on Thanksgiving afternoon at CEFCU Stadium in the Battle for the Valley Trophy. The Bulldogs (8-3 overall, 5-2 in MWC) have a lot to play for as they still remain in contention for the West Division title and a shot at the conference championship. Their last game was a 34-7 blowout of New Mexico as 24-point favorites.
The Spartans, on the other hand, have struggled through this season and have a 5-6 overall record and a 3-4 mark in the MWC. While the Spartans have no shot at the division title, they are playing for bowl eligibility after a brutal 47-17 loss to Utah as 3.5-point favorites.
Fresno State vs. San Jose State Spread and Over/Under
- Fresno State: -7.5 (-110)
- SJSU: +7.5 (-110)
- Fresno State: -280
- SJSU: +240
- 52.0 (Over -110/Under -110)
Fresno State vs. San Diego State Betting Trends
- The Bulldogs are 4-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last five road games.
- The Bulldogs are 7-2 straight up (SU) in their last nine games.
- The Bulldogs are 4-1 SU in their last five games against the Mountain West.
- The OVER is 5-1 in the Bulldogs’ last six games against the West Division.
- The Spartans are 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Spartans’ last seven games.
- The Spartans are 4-1 ATS in their last five games against the Mountain West.
Fresno State vs. San Diego State Prediction and Pick
The Bulldogs have had a very impressive season thus far and a win here would be the cherry on top. To win the West Division, the Bulldogs have to win and San Diego State needs to lose. So, their fate is in the hands of SDSU, but the Bulldogs need to win this game regardless.
Quarterback Jake Haener gives them a great shot and comes off a phenomenal game against the Lobos: 24-for-31 for 300 yards and three touchdowns. He will need another dominant performance tomorrow to help his team beat the Spartans. Fresno State has not only been winning games outright, but they have been a strong bet against the spread with a 7-4 record.
This won’t be as easy of a game for the Bulldogs as their matchup against New Mexico, but I think they manage to win without too much trouble. Haener is one of the most productive quarterbacks in the nation and will slowly but surely wear down this Spartan defense.
The Bulldogs keep their division hopes alive and cover the spread.
Pick: Fresno State -7.5 (-110)