There's only eight Major League games taking place this Thursday, but several of them have major ramifications as the playoff races heat up.
The Chicago White Sox and Cleveland Guardians make up a matchup from August 21 at 1:10 p.m ET from Progressive Field, as Chicago looks to inch closer to their four-game deficit in the division.
A few hours later in Toronto, the Blue Jays hope to increase their lead in the AL Wild Card race over the Tampa Bay Rays as both team's aces in Shane McClanahan and Kevin Gausman face off.
While the bulk of the evening slate features lots of winning teams vs. struggling squads, it's worth noting that after being swept by the Chicago Cubs at home, the New York Mets are now clinging onto a half-game lead over the Atlanta Braves in the NL East. They'll need to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates to move back to a full game in the division.
Here are today's list of probable pitchers in the Big Leagues, along with the latest up-to-date odds for every matchup on the board.
Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Guardians Probable Pitchers
- White Sox: Lance Lynn - RHP
- Guardians: Hunter Gaddis - RHP
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Probable Pitchers
- Rays: Shane McClanahan - LHP
- Blue Jays: Kevin Gausman - RHP
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Probable Pitchers
- Phillies: Noah Snydergaard - RHP
- Marlins: Pablo López - RHP
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. New York Mets Probable Pitchers
- Pirates: J.T. Brubaker - RHP
- Mets: Carlos Carrasco - RHP
Oakland Athletics vs. Houston Astros Probable Pitchers
- Athletics: James Kaprielian - RHP
- Astros: Lance McCullers Jr - RHP
Kansas City Royals vs. Minnesota Twins Probable Pitchers
- Royals: Daniel Lynch - LHP
- Twins: Dylan Bundy - RHP
Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals Probable Pitchers
- Reds: Chase Anderson - RHP
- Cardinals: Miles Mikolas - RHP
San Diego Padres vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
- Padres: Sean Manaea - LHP
- Diamondbacks: TBD