The Las Vegas Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars have been two of the more disappointing teams in the AFC this season, each heading into Week 9 with just two wins.
They have both suffered close losses, and their playoff hopes are dangling by a thread.
Which team will get back on track on Sunday? Let's take a look at the latest odds.
Raiders vs. Jaguars Odds, Spread, and Total
Raiders vs. Jaguars Betting Trends
- The OVER is 4-1 in the Raiders'' last five games
- Jaguars are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against Jaguars
- The OVER is 10-4 in the Raiders' last 14 games against AFC South opponents
- Jaguars are 0-5 ATS in their last five games
- Jaguars are 5-1 ATS in their last six games played in Week 9
Raiders vs. Jaguars Prediction and Pick
The two offenses in these games are comparable. The Jaguars enter the game ranked 10th in yards per play, and the Raiders are right behind them, ranking 12th in yards per play.
The biggest difference in this game, is the two defenses. The Jaguars defensive numbers are around average, ranking 12th in opponent yards per play, but the Raiders are amongst the worst, ranking 24th.
Let's take a look at some other areas that the Vegas defense ranks in:
- 27th in opponent yards per pass attempt
- 30th in opponent completion percentage
- 32nd in sack percentage
- 29th in opponent third down conversion rate
- 31st in opponent red zone touchdown percentage
Their defense has cost them all season, and I expect that trend to continue this week. The Jaguars defense isn't anything to write home about, but they outrank the Raiders in the above stats by a wide margin.
With Jacksonville being set as a home underdog, I'll take a shot on them in this toilet bowl of a game.
You can track Iain's bets on Betstamp here.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.