The Carolina Panthers are likely going to turn former MVP Cam Newton as their starting quarterback in Week 11 against the Washington Football Team, causing some mid-week line movement.
The Football Team were able to score a huge upset over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, but did lose second year pass rusher Chase Young for the year with a torn ACL. How can WFT respond as their defense faces more injury issues?
Football Team vs. Panthers Prediction and Pick
- Football Team: +3 (+100)
- Panthers: -3 (-120)
- Football Team: +150
- Panthers: -170
- 43.5 (Over -110/Under -110)
Football Team vs. Panthers Betting Trends
- Washington is 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in Washinton’s last five games.
- Washington is 2-5 ATS in its last seven games against Carolina.
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last five road games.
- Carolina is 2-5 ATS in its last seven games.
- The UNDER is 10-3 in Carolina’s last 13 games.
- The UNDER is 8-4 in the last 12 games between these two teams.
Football Team vs. Panthers Pick and Prediction
With Newton back in the lineup, I expect the Panthers stick to the ground given the small sample size of play calling for the former MVP last week and his recent track record of depleted arm strength.
Not to mention, the Football Team has the second worst defensive rush success rate in the league this season, so there is a recipe for success on the ground for the home team, which should take time off the clock.
On the other side, the Panthers defense is elite, second best in the league in EPA/Play. I expect the Matt Rhule and the Panthers to turn this game to a slow grind and the game to stay under the total of 43.5
PICK: UNDER 43.5
Looking to win easy in the Football Team-Panthers matchup?
All you have to do is sign up for WynnBET using this link, make your first deposit of $20 or more and bet $1 on the Football Team-Panthers moneyline, spread or over/under and win a $100 free bet if a single touchdown is scored.