Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens were unable to hold several leads in an overtime loss to the Las Vegas Raiders on Monday Night Football, and they will face an even tougher AFC West opponent in Week 2 when they take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football.
Back-to-back primetime games are always nice, but it is even nicer if you can win one of those games. Kansas City is coming off a comeback win against the Cleveland Browns in Week 1, and it will get another test against one of the AFC’s best teams in Week 2.
The Ravens and Chiefs played on Sept. 28 last season, and Kansas City came away with an impressive 34-20 victory. WynnBET thinks it will be much closer this time around, as the Chiefs are just 3.5-point favorites in the opening odds for their Week 2 clash.
Ravens vs. Chiefs Spread, Odds and Over/Under
Ravens +3.5 (+105)
Chiefs -3.5 (-125)
Over/Under: 55.0 (Over: -110/Under: -110)
Chiefs vs. Ravens Betting Trends
- The Chiefs have won four straight games against Baltimore dating back to 2015.
- Underdogs were 9-7 straight up and 12-4 ATS in Week 1.
- The Ravens and Chiefs are both 0-1 ATS this season.
- The Ravens and Chiefs are both 1-0 on overs this season.
- The Chiefs are 9-9 against the spread as a road favorite since Patrick Mahomes became the starter in 2018.
- Baltimore is 2-0 against the spread as home underdog since 2018.
Ravens vs. Chiefs Prediction and Pick
The Ravens struggled to stop Derek Carr and the Raiders through the air in Week 1, especially late in the game, and I think Patrick Mahomes will carve them up if things don’t change in Week 2.
FanSided’s NFL Insider Matt Verderame pointed out that the Ravens blitzed a ton on Monday Night Football, and that’s not a recipe for beating Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.
I don’t love betting against a home underdog, especially one as talented as the Ravens, but the Chiefs are just too good. Give me Kansas City to cover the spread on Sunday night.
Interested in making these picks? What about fading them? Download the WynnBET app to make your picks.