NFL Free Agency will begin in the coming weeks and all of the madness will begin on the afternoon of March 12. As the free agency period approaches, FanSided.com will be providing a list of all 32 teams upcoming free agents.
Up next is the Baltimore Ravens.
The Ravens will surely use the franchise tag on quarterback Joe Flacco, but many are wondering what level of tender the team could use. There is potential for the Ravens to pass on using the exclusive franchise tag, which would allow other teams to make offers to Flacco. That would be a mistake.
There are also some young, key members of the defense — Paul Kruger and Arthur Jones — that are set to become free agents, along with veteran Ed Reed. It appears that Reed will be finding a new home for 2013, but the Ravens would be wise to lock up their young budding stars.
On offense, Baltimore needs to focus on tight end Ed Dickson. Dickson can create matchup nightmares and will be a great target for Flacco in the coming years.
Here is a list of the Ravens 2013 free agents:
- Joe Flacco — Quarterback — UFA
- Ed Reed — Safety — UFA
- Arthur Jones — Defensive End — RFA
- Paul Kruger — Linebacker — UFA
- Ed Dickson — Tight End — RFA
- Bryant McKinnie — Offensive Tackle — UFA
- Cary Williams — Cornerback — UFA
- Dannell Ellerbe — Linebacker — UFA
- Dennis Pitta — Tight End — RFA
- Sean Considine — Safety — UFA
- James Ihedigbo — Safety — UFA
- Ryan McBean — Defensive Tackle — UFA
- Ma’ake Kemoeatu — Defensive Tackle — UFA
- Ramon Harewood — Offensive Guard — RFA
- Chris Johnson — Cornerback — UFA
- Ricky Brown — Linebacker — UFA
- Billy Bajema — Tight End — UFA
- David Reed — Wide Receiver — RFA
Which players do the Ravens need to focus on re-signing and which players will attract the most attention on the free agent market? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com as we build up to free agency and fill you in on your favorite team’s questions and needs.