NFL Free Agency will begin in the coming weeks and all of the madness will begin on the afternoon of March 12. As the free agency period approaches, FanSided.com will be providing a list of all 32 teams upcoming free agents.
Up next is the Kansas City Chiefs.
The Chiefs would like to re-sign star wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and offensive tackle Branden Albert. If Bowe is not signed to a longterm deal in the next two weeks, he could be designated as the team’s franchise player. As for Albert, his future dictates the direction the Chiefs will go with the first-overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. If Albert returns to the Chiefs, it will free up the pick to address another need, however, if the Chiefs lose Albert in free agency, they would likely use the first pick to take Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel.
Here are the Chiefs 2013 free agents:
- Dwayne Bowe — Wide Receiver — UFA
- Branden Albert — Offensive Tackle — UFA
- Glenn Dorsey — Defensive Tackle — UFA
- Brady Quinn — Quarterback — UFA
- Dustin Colquitt — Punter — UFA
- Peyton Hillis — Running Back — UFA
- Ryan Lilja — Guard — UFA
- Abram Elam — Safety — UFA
- Travis Daniels — Safety — UFA
- Russ Hochstein — Guard — UFA
- Edgar Jones — Linebacker — UFA
- Brandon Siler — Linebacker — UFA
- Ropati Pitoitua — Defensive End — UFA
- Jake O’Connell — Tight End — UFA
- Shaun Smith — Defensive End — UFA
- Leon Williams — Linebacker — UFA
- Martin Rucker — Tight End — RFA
- Thomas Gafford — Long Snapper — UFA
Which players do the Chiefs need to focus on re-signing and which players will attract the most attention on the free agent market? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com as we build up to free agency and fill you in on your favorite team’s questions and needs.