The Redskins were one of the league’s most improved teams in 2012 and were able to reach the playoffs with rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. They would like to build on that momentum this offseason and it will all start by finding a way to resign tight end Fred Davis, who will give RG3 a reliable target and safety blanket.
It is hard to imagine a scenario where Davis does not return to Washington.
This will be a very important free agency period for the Redskins who need to be sure they improve this offseason and not take a step back.
Here are the Redskins 2013 free agents:
- Lorenzo Alexander — Linebacker — UFA
- Chris Baker — Defensive Tackle — RFA
- Brandon Banks — Wide Receiver — RFA
- Jordan Black — Offensive Tackle — UFA
- Jammal Brown — Offensive Tackle — UFA
- Chris Cooley — Tight End — UFA
- Fred Davis — Tight End — UFA
- Kedric Gholston — Defensive Tackle — UFA
- Cedric Griffin — Cornerback — UFA
- Rex Grossman — Quarterback — UFA
- Rob Jackson — Linebacker — RFA
- Bryan Kehl — Linebacker — UFA
- Kory Lichtensteiger — Guard — UFA
- Logan Paulsen — Tight End — RFA
- Tyler Polumbus — Offensive Tackle — UFA
- Sav Rocca — Punter — UFA
- Nick Sundberg — Long Snapper — RFA
- Madieu Williams — Safety — UFA
- Chris Wilson — Linebacker — UFA
- Darrel Young — Fullback — RFA
Which players do the Redskins need to focus on re-signing and which players will attract the most attention on the free agent market? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com as we build up to free agency and fill you in on your favorite team’s questions and needs.