After a 119-day lockout nearly wiped out the entire NHL season in late last year into January 2013, the NHL got back on its feet and put on a condensed season of hockey.
Now, the culmination of the five-month journey is finally here: the Stanley Cup Finals are set to begin tonight.
For the first time since 1979 (New York vs. Montreal), it will be a matchup between two Original Six franchises to decide the winner of Lord Stanley’s Cup. From the Western Conference it’s the Chicago Blackhawks; from the East, the Boston Bruins.
On one side you have a team in Chicago that won the cup in 2010, but was forced to let go of multiple key contributors due to salary cap restrictions after signing its top players to extensions thus resulting in plenty of roster turnover. On the other, you have a Boston team that has 17 players who were on the team when it won it all in 2011.
But that was then, and none of it matters now. Now, it’s all about which team’s current make up can player their game well enough to get the job done. And Lord knows it will not be an easy task for either team.
It’s a battle between the league’s two juggernauts. With potential matchups like Milan Lucic vs. Bryan Bickell, Patrick Kane vs. Brad Marchand, Jonathan Toews vs. David Krejci, etc., this year’s Stanley Cup Finals has the potential to be one of the very best.
What time do the Blackhawks and Bruins drop the puck? We’ve got all of the information you will need to know to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the action.
Start time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: United Center
Series Record: Series tied, 0-0
TV Info: NBC
Live Stream: NBC Sports Live Extra
Here is the schedule for the Bruins vs. Blackhawks best of seven series in the Eastern Conference Finals:
- Game 1 – Wednesday, June 12th – Boston @ Chicago 8 p.m. (NBC, CBC, RDS)
- Game 2 – Saturday, June 15th – Boston @ Chicago 8 p.m. (NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
- Game 3 – Monday, June 17th – Chicago @ Boston 8 p.m. (NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
- Game 4 – Wednesday, June 19th – Chicago @ Boston 8 p.m. (NBC, CBC, RDS)
- Game 5* – Saturday, June 22nd – Boston @ Chicago 8 p.m. (NBC, CBC, RDS)
- Game 6* – Monday, June 24th – Chicago @ Boston 8 p.m. (NBC, CBC, RDS)
- Game 7* – Wednesday, June 26th – Boston @ Chicago 8 p.m. (NBC, CBC, RDS)
- * if necessary
We hope that you enjoy the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals action and check back in with FanSided.com throughout the day and duration of the series as we keep you up to date with the latest news and rumors.