It’s finally here. The NBA Draft will be held this Thursday, June 27th. Without much surprise, rumors are circulating at a faster pace than usual in a draft that lacks franchise-changing talent.
The Dallas Mavericks currently hold on to the 13th overall pick, but are rumored to be insistent on dealing the selection. Veterans such as Luol Deng, Danny Granger, and Paul Pierce are amongst trade discussions across the association.
For the first time in quite a few years, the Cleveland Cavaliers do not have the privilege of a bona fide superstar with the No. 1 pick. Last year it was Anthony Davis, and the year before that it was Kyrie Irving. In 2013, the Cavs are still open to taking numerous prospects including Alex Len, Otto Porter Jr., and Ben McLemore.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Alex Len – Center – Maryland ; Skilled big man with NBA ready size at 7-foot-1
2. Orlando Magic: Victor Oladipo – Guard – Indiana ; High motor, lockdown defender
3. Washington Wizards: Otto Porter Jr. – Small Forward – Georgetown ; Extremely high IQ
4. Charlotte Bobcats: Nerlens Noel – Center – Kentucky
Next Anthony Davis?
5. Phoenix Suns: Ben McLemore –Guard – Kansas ; Ray Allen comparisons
6. New Orleans Pelicans: Trey Burke – Point Guard – Michigan ; Extremely efficient in pick-and-roll
7. Sacramento Kings: Anthony Bennett – Power Forward – UNLV ; Offensive versatility, high upside
8. Detroit Pistons: Michael Carter-Williams – Point Guard – Syracuse ; Great size, playmaking skills
9. Minnesota Timberwolves: C.J. McCollum – Guard – Lehigh ; Score-first combo guard
10. Portland Trailblazers: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – Guard – Georgia ; Athletic, perimeter scorer