Dwight Howard to the Houston Rockets isn’t official just yet. Just as we all feared, “Dwightmare” does have a sequel after all.
Alex Kennedy, NBA reporter for USA Today’s HoopsWorld, says that the most-wanted superstar of this free agency will still meet with the Los Angeles Lakers and then will make his decision.
Dwight Howard will meet with the Lakers very soon and then an official decision is expected “tonight or tomorrow morning.” #almostover
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 6, 2013
Kennedy also says that the Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, and Atlanta Hawks were the only teams told that they were out of the running. This news comes despite ESPN backing up what USA Today reported earlier on Friday that Howard to the Rockets was a done deal.
Howard’s agent, Dan Fegan, also said on Friday that the big man hasn’t officially decided what team he will play for.
The whole situation has turned into another big mess, although Howard may or may not be the reason for it. It’s certainly not as bad as last season, considering he’s only been wooed by the teams since the beginning of July and can’t officially sign with a team until July 10th.
But even something like this will make people dub this the sequel to “Dwightmare.”