The 2014 Pro Bowl draft kicked off on Tuesday night, with Pro Football Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice making the first selections for their team. The draft will be completed on Wednesday night, during a three-hour special on the NFL Network.
Interior linemen, fullbacks and special teamers were set to be selected on Tuesday, and it was the defensive tackles that kicked off the inaugural draft.
Deion Sanders had the first pick and went with Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, while Jerry Rice chose Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Hatcher to anchor his line. The two men then alternated picks until the six defensive tackles were all assigned.
After a quick look, you would have to say that Team Sanders came out on top.
Here are the teams for each defensive tackle in this year’s game:
- Ndamukon Suh, defensive tackle, Detroit Lions
- Gerald McCoy, defensive tackle, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Dontari Poe, defensive tackle, Kansas City Chiefs
- Jason Hatcher, defensive tackle, Dallas Cowboys
- Marcell Dareus, defensive tackle, Buffalo Bills
- Kyle Williams, defensive tackle, Buffalo Bills