The New England Patriots added two more rookie free agent signings on Tuesday.
The Patriots signed former Troy Trojans’ wide receiver Wilson Van Hooser and former East Carolina Pirates’ wide receiver Reese Wiggins, according to a press release issued by the team.
The New England Patriots announced that they have signed two rookie free agents: WR Wilson Van Hooser (Troy State) and WR Reese Wiggins (East Carolina). Terms of the contracts were not announced.
Watson made 55 receptions for 805 yards and nine touchdowns with the Tulane Green Wave before transferring to Troy where he had 13 receptions for 188 yards and two touchdowns.
Wiggins had 26 receptions for 372 yards and four touchdowns for the Pirates last season.
With the issues the Patriots have had at wide receiver, this is position where an undrafted player could make an impact.
Earlier this month, the Patriots agreed to deals with the following undrafted free agents:
- Tyler Beck, TE, Bowling Green
- Deylan Buntyn, DL, North Carolina State
- Malcolm Butler, CB, West Alabama
- Jeremy Deering, S, Rutgers
- Seali’i Epenesa, DT, UCLA
- Roy Finch, RB, Oklahoma
- Cameron Gordon, LB, Michigan
- Travis Hawkins, DB, Delaware
- Stephen Houston, RB, Indiana
- Justin Jones, TE, East Carolina
- Ja-Mes Logan, WR, Ole Miss
- James Morris, LB, Iowa
- Tyler Ott, LS, Harvard
- Deontae Skinner, LB, Mississippi State
- Asa Watson, TE, North Carolina State
They also brought the following players in for tryouts:
- Kyle Harbridge, RB, Saint Francis
- Tevin Hood, DT, Arizona
- Jordan Love, CB, Towson
- Taylor McCuller, ILB, West Texas A&M
- Calvin Tonga, DT, Colorado State
Tags: New England Patriots