Corey Crawford will miss at least two more games for the Chicago Blackhawks but hopes to return sometime next week. Mark Lazerus reported today that the upper-body injury will prevent Crawford from even making the trip to Nashville and St. Louis.
Crawford is 3-0-1 this season for the Hawks and has a 1.66 goals against average. Chicago has one of the best record’s in the NHL in the first month of play.
He also said that the Blackhawks might turn to 25-year-old Scott Darling to make his first start for the Blackhawks on Sunday when they face the St. Louis Blues.
More from Chicago Blackhawks
- NHL Rumors: Legendary Patrice Bergeron retires, which 3 players could be next to hang up their skates?
- NHL Rumors: Quick to Rangers, Lucic’s Boston reunion, Wheeler, Duchene bought out
- NHL Draft winners and losers 2023: Blackhawks hit jackpot, Maple Leafs flop
- NHL Mock Draft: Connor Bedard No. 1, but who’s next?
- NHL rumors: Calgary in Flames, Kings, Flyers set for big deals, Hall to Chicago
Back-up goaltender Antti Raanta had arguably one of his best games between the pipes on Tuesday night when he shut out the Philadelphia Flyers and made 32 saves.
As for the rookie, Darling said that he grew up as a Hawks’ fan in nearby Lemont, Illinois. Darling, who was recalled yesterday, also said that it is a pretty amazing feeling to finally be a part of the organization that helped sparked his interest in the game of hockey.
Quenneville has been pleased with the play of Darling when given the chance and said that he had a real good training camp at Notre Dame.
In 2013, Raanta posted an .897 save percentage in 25 games for the Blackhawks. The 25-year-old from Finland also had a 2.71 goals against average.
Crawford led the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup in 2012 and seems to be improving with each passing the season.
Everyone knows the job is Crawford’s when healthy but the Blackhawks look to be in good hands until then.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26