Puddle of Mudd lead singer, Wes Scantlin rides luggage carousel at Denver International Airport
More from Denver Broncos
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Future fires unmistakable NSFW shot at Russell Wilson in new song
- Russell Wilson gets key update on important weapon
- NFL Rumors: D-Hop’s top offers, Cowboys secret sauce, and Russ catches a break
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
We’ve seen it time and time again. Talented, sky-is-the-limit rock stars make the scene only to crash and burn like Icarus years later when the crowds thin and ears bend to new musical trends.
Sadly, Wes Scantlin, lead singer of the once popular band Puddle of Mudd, is no different. After monster hits like “Blurry” and “She Hates Me” in the the early 2000s, Scantlin continues his downward spiral.
Most recently, he ignored security signs at Denver International Airport and took an inexplicable ride on the oversize luggage carousel.
Scantlin exchanged words with employees before leaving and later was arrested for trespassing in a restricted area. Blabbermouth reports a fan later bailed Scantlin out of jail so he could play a concert. The show went off late, causing many fans to leave early. The promoters posted a message saying, “I apologize to all of those who left early… Those of you that stayed, I hope you love Puddle of Mudd, ’cause we will never book them again.”
The bizarre episode is only one in a sad string of events for Scantlin the over the past few years.
- In 2012 Scantlin was arrested on charges of cocaine possession and domestic abuse.
- The same year he was escorted off a Jet Blue airplane after complaining about being cut off from alcohol
- In 2013 he took sledgehammer to a neighbors patio
- April of 2014 the singer broke down on stage throwing beer and other items at the crowd.
- Earlier this year the singer’s home was foreclosed on.
In Psycho, a Puddle of Mudd track from 2007 Scantlin sings: “Maybe I’m the one, maybe I’m the one who is the schizophrenic psycho.”
If that is the case, Wes, here is hoping you get the help you need before you fall further.
H/T Blabbermouth/TMZ/ABC Denver
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle