After bragging he defaced ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott’s grave on social media, culprit comes forward to say sorry, it wasn’t that bad, then deletes apology
More from Entertainment
- 10 greatest fictional football players of all time
- Stephen A. Smith learned quickly not to mess with Rihanna
- Everything to know about Taylor Swift’s Thursday Night Football appearance
- House of the Dragon live stream: How to watch
- From boxing to cinema, Javon Walton stars in Samaritan with Stallone
The three best ways to get your fledgling metal band’s name out there is great musicianship, great songwriting and non-stop touring.
The two worst? Naming your band Nuclear Hellfrost and bragging about desecrating Pantera guitarist, ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott’s grave.
That’s right, the guy in the photo above is dumber than his own t-shirt. In what he thought would be a humorous stunt, Reece Eber, former lead singer of Nuclear Hellfrost, boasted that he – amongst other things – spit on Dimebag’s grave then shared it over social media. Along with the picture he also included a screed trashing Abbott’s former band -legendary punishing metal purveyors, Pantera – and their fans.
Realizing the entire metal community immediately wanted to drop a nuclear bomb on them, Nuclear Hellfrost, hastily posted on their Facebook page that they had nothing to do with the desecration and that it was their former lead singer, Reece Eben.
Strangely, the band went on to say, Eben’s vandalism wasn’t really that bad and that it was just a hoax.
Knowing his former band mates could could be killed due to his foolish actions, Eben came forward to face the music and offer an apology of his own taking full responsibility for the stunt.
"This is Reece Eber, the guy who ignorantly acted like a fool and pulled the dumbest possible delinquent act of my life… And where to begin… I’ve become famous today in the worst possible way. My friends and I have received death threats and multiple insults over the past day or so, I’ve made the …news, and all I can say to sum it all up is I’m deeply sorry. I acted ignorantly and completely out of line. There is NO reason for doing what I did, and when I say “I”, I mean ME alone. My friends were not present for the event and should have caught up with them when they were walking away, instead i left a piece of paper with an insult to a man many people idolize and for a cheap laugh that I didn’t think about the consequences. I did not carve into it and it was a piece of paper and nothing was stolen. I’m not asking for forgiveness, I’m not asking for sympathy, I am only attempting to express an apology that I want to reach out to the people I hurt and offended with this dumb act. There is no reason for what I did and it was the worst mistake I’ve made in my young and evidently dumb life. I don’t blame the threats and comments. I understand how you feel and that’s why I’m an asshole because I knowingly was out for blood, and so I don’t blame anyone for wanting to do god knows what to me. The fact of the matter is I feel awful and guilty and this will stick with me forever, just like the Seinfeld guy using the N word… I can not express how sorry I am to Vinnie Paul and the Abbott family for the distress I caused, and the other members of Pantera and other acts Darrell was a part of. I owe everyone an apology for my actions because they were uncalled for, and horrible, despicable, and I went way too far. Some jokes are NOT funny and this is one of them. I took a joke way too far with a piece of paper and some hurtful words and as I’ve expressed, I don’t expect any sort of acceptance or sympathy. I’m doing this out of the guilt I feel, knowing I caused this and I want to attempt to make it right even though I’m sure many will not accept this… I’m truly sorry for my actions and I’m sorry I put people I care about in potential danger and upsetting people for my selfish and morbid sense of humor. Anyways to wrap this up, I hope this was read, I hope at least someone will accept this and I hope for a better future for everyone…"
Eben inexplicably removed the post later.
So what does this all mean? A few takeaways:
- As far as music goes, Eben is done. Dude might as well get a haircut and start selling Amway.
- Nuclear Hellfrost are done as well, a name change alone won’t help. A genre switch and cruise ship beckons if they are lucky.
- You are better off kicking Phil Anselmo in the balls than screwing with Pantera fans and Dimebag.
- Even if it’s Jim Morrison’s desecrating ANY grave is uncool.
- When apologizing for something, always mention Michael Richard’s racist rant, in hopes to lessen the heat.
- Selfies are bad, but those with a toilet behind you are unforgivable.
- Until anyone can play guitar like this, they should keep their criticism of Dime off social media
HT/ Metalsucks, Metal Injection, Billboard
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle