On the heels of last year’s D-Bat Dog, the Arizona Diamondbacks will introduce its sweeter cousin: an 1,117 calorie churro dog.
Look, we all know last season was forgettable for the Arizona Diamondbacks, yet fans were (slightly) eased from the on-field disappointment by the debut of the D-Bat Dog, an intimidating 18 inches of corn dog stuffed with cheddar cheese, jalapeños and bacon that is flanked with a full order of fries.
More from Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Rumors: Grading new trade fits for Shohei Ohtani, Braves, Willson Contreras
- MLB Rumors: Shocking Shohei Ohtani suitor would be Dodgers, Giants nightmare
- MLB Rumors: 3 ideal trade suitors for Pirates closer David Bednar
- NY Mets: 4 monstrous trade packages for Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer
- MLB Rumors: Willson Contreras trade suitor, Reds surprise move, Giolito war
Despite its lofty $25 price tag, more than enough fans were willing to put their arteries on the line to inspire the Diamondbacks to return the D-Bat for a second year, calories and sodium intake be damned.
Not content to rest on their laurels, on Wednesday, the franchise announced its latest addition to their concession stands, a mammoth 18 inches of sweetness that will be known simply as the Churro Dog.
(It’s at this time we suggest you make like Fred Sanford and clutch your chest, for this Churro Dog will not be for the faint of heart).
So, just what’s in a Churro Dog?
It starts with a chocolate-glazed doughnut from Long John, which is followed by a nice, warm cinnamon churro. After that, a massive intake of sweetness comes along, as frozen yogurt, caramel and a heaping helping of chocolate sauces. Come Opening Day, it can all be yours for just $8.50.
“We’ve found that desserts work really well in the heat we have here,” said Diamondbacks president and CEO Derrick Hall.
The calorie count on this doggie? Oh, just a mere total of 1,117.
The hype of the Churro Dog is already out there, as Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson weighed in on Wednesday afternoon:
The Churro Dog could possibly be the National League pennant winner when it comes to excessive sweetness. If so, it would probably face the American League champion in the form of the 12-scoop banana split served in a full-sized batting helmet from the Chicago White Sox.
Arizona has depth on its bench in the form of a Venom Dog, a footlong habanero sausage stacked with black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream. Unlike the D-Bat Dog, it can be had for a more cost-friendly $10. The team also has the Sonoran Dog, a hot dog wrapped in mesquite-smoked bacon (mmmm….bacon) with pico, beans and mayo.
This has all the makings of a Man vs. Food special episode. Could Adam Richman come out of retirement and take on both the D-Bat Dog and the Churro Dog in the same game?
Come on, Travel Channel. What will this take to make this happen?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle