The Chicago Bears traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall on Friday which is awfully bad timing for the Under Armour store in Chicago prominently featuring the receiver inside their store.
Brandon Marshall called Chicago home for the last three seasons after he was acquired in a trade with the Miami Dolphins. Now, the former Pro Bowl receiver will call the Big Apple home after the Bears traded him to the New York Jets for a fifth round pick.
More from Chicago Bears
- NFL rumors: 3 edge rushers Bears could still add to fill glaring need
- Justin Fields, self-proclaimed Top 5 rushing QB ever, eyes elusive Bears record
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL coach bashes the Bears for letting star leave
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
The timing works out perfectly for the Bears who move him before the start of free agency and get out from the rest of his contract after he signed a lucrative extension last season. And the timing works out for the Jets who add a proven commodity at receiver and the move is expected to be the end of Percy Harvin’s time in New York, so they get an upgrade and save some money.
However, the timing isn’t so perfect for an Under Armour store in Chicago who had their grand opening on the same day of the trade sending Marshall packing, because they have him featured prominently on one of their walls.
This isn’t the end of the world for the two-story store on the Mag Mile in downtown Chicago, but it has to have some of their ad wizards saying, “C’mon man!”
I wonder how much longer the picture will stay in place before it is replaced with another one of Under Armour’s athletes?
I’m pretty certain there won’t be any Jay Cutler pictures being hung anytime soon in the new downtown store unless they are purposely trying to stunt sales, which of course they aren’t. Cutler isn’t good for business as the Bears have realized and are likely stuck with him for at least one more year with no takers for the team’s starting quarterback.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle