Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez accidentally used his head to make an excellent pass to teammate Bojan Bogdanovic for an open jumper.
More from Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: 4 teams not named Heat or Nets engaged on Damian Lillard trade
- Could James Harden take a page out of Kevin Durant’s trade request playbook?
- Damian Lillard trade request: The best offers Nets and Heat can make to land star
Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez isn’t exactly known for his great passing ability; however, he accidentally had one of the best dimes of the season on Sunday against the Utah Jazz.
After an attempted pass from Joe Johnson to Lopez, the Nets center headbutted the ball to teammate Bojan Bogdanovic for an open jumper.
That’s surely not how the Nets drew that play up, but the basket counts and that’s all that matters. Unfortunately for Lopez, he was not officially awarded an assist on the play and finished the game with zero assists, lowering his season average to a putrid .6 assists per game.
The Nets ultimately lost the game to Utah, dropping their record to 25-26, which has them 2.5 games behind the Indiana Pacers for the No. 8 seed in the Eastern Conference. However, if Lopez can somehow make a habit of accurate headbutt passes, perhaps the Nets can somehow sneak into the playoffs.
The Nets drafted Lopez with the No. 10 overall pick in 2008 NBA Draft out of Stanford. Lopez has made one all-star team and has career averages of 17.7 points (50.8 percent shooting from the field), 7.2 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.7 blocks per game.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle