Isaiah Thomas and Michael Carter-Williams had a hilarious exchange on Twitter
More from Boston Celtics
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- Boston Celtics projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
- David Griffin thanks rival Celtics for leverage in Anthony Davis trade talks
- NBA rumors: Damian Lillard trade becoming more trouble than it’s worth for Celtics
Isaiah Thomas is going through a scenario many NBA players are finding themselves in now that the trade deadline is over. Formerly a member of the Phoenix Suns, Thomas was recently traded to the Boston Celtics in February. Of course, moving more than halfway across the country means having to adjust to a totally new life.
Thomas found himself in a predicament on Thursday and turned to Twitter in need of help. He posted this tweet around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday:
Hoping to get some advice, fellow NBA player Michael Carter-Williams answered his prayers. A Massachusetts native, Carter-Williams replied to Thomas’ tweet:
At first, Thomas didn’t seem interested. He was under the impression that Carter-Williams, nicknamed MCW, was saying that he would cut Thomas’ hair. Thomas replied:
Meanwhile, another NBA player, Tony Wroten, noticed MCW’s tweet to Thomas. A former teammate of MCW, Wroten tweeted:
Finally, MCW decided to clear everything up with the two other players, after realizing they didn’t understand him and everything was understood from that point on.
After clearing it up, Thomas tweeted back at MCW saying he thought he meant he would give him the haircut. The two exchanged tweets until MCW sent Thomas the number to his barber out in Boston.
The exchange brought plenty of laughter to the Twitter community, as well as NBA players around the league.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle