The Denver Pioneers have clinched a spot in the West Regional Finals after a blowout win over the Boston College Eagles.
More from College
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
We are one step closer to officially finding out who the Frozen Four are this year, and the Denver Pioneers took a leap in the West Region on Saturday afternoon. Denver obliterated Boston College in a 5-2 smackdown on Saturday, advancing to the West Region Final in the process.
The loss is one that won’t sit well with Boston College, who may have a gripe to pick over a goal call at the very end of the first period that sort of changed the tone of the game. No matter if that early goal would have counted or not, Boston College was swarmed in the third period and they lost handedly when all was said and done.
Check out the updated Frozen Four bracket now that Denver has bounced Boston College in pretty convincing fashion.
Click to Enlarge
The Pioneers are rolling into the regional finals and they’ll collide with either the hometown Providence team or a dangerous Miami (OH) team that is always a squad to watch this time of year.
But it’s just the way that Denver picked apart Boston College that makes them dangerous moving forward. Boston College tried to keep it close, but when the floodgates opened in the third period, they opened in a big way. Even without the late empty net goal, the Pioneers would have destroyed the Eagles, and their survival in the Frozen Four is going to be very much based on that tenacity they showed on Saturday afternoon.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle