Sources have revealed that actor Jon Hamm once hazed some pledges hard in his old fraternity.
Don Draper in the streets, Pledgemaster Hamm in his fraternity’s basement.
This is the accusation that is now plaguing Mad Men‘s handsome leading man Jon Hamm.
More from Entertainment
- 10 greatest fictional football players of all time
- Stephen A. Smith learned quickly not to mess with Rihanna
- Everything to know about Taylor Swift’s Thursday Night Football appearance
- House of the Dragon live stream: How to watch
- From boxing to cinema, Javon Walton stars in Samaritan with Stallone
Hamm, who was a part of the Sigma Nu fraternity during his stint at the University of Texas-Austin in 1990, is now facing claims that he was once involved in a court case caused by a hazing incident gone horribly wrong.
From Radar Online:
"According to explosive court documents obtained by Starmagazine, Hamm was involved in a fraternity pledging incident gone wrong on November 10, 1990, at the University of Texas at Austin.The court documents claim that Hamm and his fellow Sigma Nu frat brothers struck a prospective pledge with a wooden paddle more than 30 times on that night. They also allegedly picked him up by his underwear and “pulled it back and forth in a sawing motion,” causing “great pain.” Hamm even set the pledge’s pants on fire, the documents claim, “and would not let [the pledge] extinguish the flame with his hand but made [him] blow it out.Next, the documents claim, Hamm “hooked the claw of a hammer underneath [the pledge’s] genitals and led him by the hammer around the room.” He rounded out the night by breaking into the apartment of another pledge, the documents claim, “in order to bring [him] to the fraternity house” to subject him to “similar hazing activity.”"
If you have ever been a part of a “traditional” fraternity, then you know that much of what you just read is pretty much par the course (and also super secret brotherhood traditions … or something). Especially in the early ’90s when fraternity hazing was something akin to being broken in to become a Spetsnaz soldier.
Still though, the image of Don Draper picking up a kid by his underwear and giving him the wedgie of a lifetime is something to behold. It probably had to be even weirder for that kid almost 20 years later when he tuned into AMC and saw his old Pledgemaster talking about ad sales. That’s enough to make him into a mad man (I’m so sorry).
The mother of one of the pledges told the police about the incident, which resulted in the arrest of some of the brothers in Sigma Nu including Hamm. The situation resulted in Hamm receiving a misdemeanor charge for hazing and unlawful use of a clawhammer on the genitals. The incident was resolved in 1995, however, when a plea deal was struck and his charges were dismissed.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle