Star Seattle Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner said he’ll for sure be playing this season
Throughout the past week, we’ve seen more than 20 NFL players come out and announce they’ll be opting out of the 2020 campaign due to the growing concerns of the coronavirus. When it comes to the Seattle Seahawks, though, it looks like the team will be staying together during these trying times.
During a zoom call with members of the Seattle media on Wednesday, star linebacker and future Hall of Famer Bobby Wagner said he has no plans of sitting out this season. In addition, he made it seem like no additional Seahawks players will be doing so either.
Multiple NFL players have announced this week they won’t be playing in 2020 due to the coronavirus
Seahawks offensive guard Chance Warmack announced he’d be opting out for 2020, which had many fans believe other Seattle players would be following suit. Players like Marquise Goodwin, Dont’a Hightower and many others have decided not to take any chances and sit out this fall.
However, from the looks of Wagner’s comments, he and the rest of the Seattle players will be ready to report to camp in Renton once the team is given the green light to head to the team’s practice facility. And when Week 1 arrives, they’ll be ready to try and take down the San Francisco Giants for the NFC West crown.
Expectations will once again be high for Seattle, especially after acquiring superstar defensive back Jamal Adams in a trade with the New York Jets last week. There’s rumors the team could also end up adding Antonio Brown, which would make the offense even more lethal for Russell Wilson.
Everyone in Seattle can’t wait for the season to arrive. With a full team ready to rock starting in early September, this could prove to be another special campaign for the Hawks.