You expect starting pitchers like Cincinnati’s Sonny Gray and Trevor Bauer to be consistently strong throughout the season, but here are four other fantasy baseball pitchers that have started and remained hot going into this season’s 3rd weekend of games.
Two Hot Starters for Friday’s Games
- Righthander Dinelson Lamet of the San Diego Padres struck out 11 Diamondbacks in his last start and has 58 fantasy points in the last 15 days. He is 2-0 with an ERA of 1.61 and a WHIP of 0.85. Lamet will face Arizona who San Diego beat last Sunday in a 9-5 victory at home.
- Cincinnati Reds pitcher Sonny Gray is 3-1 with 58 fantasy points in the last 15 days. Gray is expected to bounce back after losing to the Brewers earlier this week. His 2.25 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and 35:8 K:BB ratio make him No. 5 among all starting pitchers in major league baseball (MLB). He faces Pittsburgh (3-13), which is in the midst of a 3-game losing streak.
Two Hot Starters for Saturday’s Games
- Atlanta Braves starting pitcher Max Friend is 3-0 with 65 fantasy points in the last 15 days. If the Braves beat the Marlins Friday night and Fried is the winning pitcher on Saturday, Atlanta will take over 1st place in the National League East with a one-game lead on Miami. Fried has given up one earned run in his last two starts.
- Cincinnati’s No. 2 starter behind Sonny Gray is righthander Trevor Bauer. Bauer (2-0) scored 58 fantasy points in the last 15 days and struck out 12 in last Friday’s 8-3 win over the Milwaukee Brewers. He has an ERA of 0.93 and a WHIP of 0.57. Bauer should be able to handle the struggling Pirates.
Two Hot Starters for Sunday’s Games
- Randy Dobnak of the Minnesota Twins is 3-1 with a 0.90 ERA and 0.90 WHIP. He has scored 56 fantasy points in the last 15 days and was dominant in the Twins’ 4-2 win over Milwaukee Monday night. He faces off against the Chicago Cubs who are in 1st plance in the National League Central.
- Is there a better pitcher than Shane Bieber of the Cleveland Indians? He is ranked No. 1 in pitching in ESPN’s H2H scoring system and has four quality starts to his credit this season. Bieber is 3-0 with a 16.3 ERA and a 0.76 WHIP and scored 78 fantasy points in the last 15 days. He faces the Detroit Tigers, who swept Pittsburgh earlier in the week and then lost two out of three against the White Sox.
Other hot pitchers who scored more than 55 fantasy points in the last 15 days, but may not be available this weekend include: