10. Week 12 College Basketball Power Rankings – TCU Horned Frogs
- Previously: Honorable Mentions
- Record: 15-4 (4-3 In Big 12)
- Last Week: Lost 74-65 At West Virginia, Won 83-60 At No. 2 Kansas
- This Week: Vs. Oklahoma 1/24, At Mississippi State 1/28
The Horned Frogs may have lost at West Virginia but they made a statement by picking up their first-ever win at Allen Fieldhouse in blowout fashion. Jamie Dixon’s team is reminiscent of his rugged squads at Pitt, making them a dangerous out even if their three league losses may make it difficult to claim the Big 12 crown.
9. Week 12 College Basketball Power Rankings – Xavier Musketeers
- Previously: 7th
- Record: 16-4 (8-1 In Big East)
- Last Week: Lost 73-72 At DePaul, Won 95-82 Vs. Georgetown
- This Week: At No. 15 UCONN 1/25, At Creighton 1/28
Winning road games in conference play is never easy but Xavier gets a demerit for losing at DePaul, which was just 2-5 in league play prior to squeaking out a one-point victory over a Top 10 team. The Musketeers did bounce back against Georgetown but have a difficult week ahead with a road trip to reeling UCONN and dangerous Creighton. A split of those two games is a strong effort.
8. Week 12 College Basketball Power Rankings – Virginia Cavaliers
- Previously: 9th
- Record: 15-3 (7-2 In ACC)
- Last Week: Won 78-68 Vs. Virginia Tech, Won 76-67 At Wake Forest
- This Week: Vs. Boston College 1/28
It isn’t always pretty but the Cavaliers keep winning, scoring solid victories over Virginia Tech and Wake Forest to maintain the top spot in an average ACC. Virginia is the type of team that could go deep in March thanks to its defense or flame out because it can’t make enough shots to win a close game.
7. Week 12 College Basketball Power Rankings – UCLA Bruins
- Previously: 6th
- Record: 17-3 (8-1 In Pac-12)
- Last Week: Won 74-62 At Arizona State, Lost 58-52 At No. 11 Arizona
- This Week: At USC 1/26
Splitting the Arizona trip was solid work for the Bruins even though it is disappointing to lose the Arizona game because they simply couldn’t get shots to fall. UCLA hit just 31.3 percent of its field goal attempts against the Wildcats, a figure they will look to improve on as they conclude their three-game road trip against USC on Thursday.
6. Week 12 College Basketball Power Rankings – Kansas Jayhawks
- Previously: 3rd
- Record: 16-3 (5-2 In Big 12
- Last Week: Lost 83-82 (OT) at No. 13 Kansas State, Lost 83-60 Vs. No. 14 TCU
- This Week: At No. 21 Baylor 1/23, At Kentucky 1/28
It’s gut check time for Kansas, which has lost two in a row and got blown out by TCU at home, as the Jayhawks have hit their first real rough patch of the season. This week won’t be easy as Kansas hits the road to take on Baylor before a trip to Rupp Arena in the Big 12/SEC Challenge against a dangerous and desperate Kentucky team that appears to have righted itself after some early season struggles.