Well folks, we’re done with the first four weeks of the NFL season (five if you’re a Cleveland Browns or Buffalo Bills fan) and you’re either likely thrilled with the performance of your favorite team or disappointed.
Given the vast amount of teams currently sitting in the 1-3 and 2-2 range, I’m going to guess there’s a lot more disappointment than happiness going on.
Hopefully Week 5 will bring you a bit more joy, though, the schedule is going to look a bit odd in terms of games since there are only two afternoon/evening contests taking place thanks to the NFL moving the scheduled start time of the San Diego Chargers – Oakland Raiders game. The Raiders of course share a stadium with the Oakland Athletics, who are currently playing in the MLB postseason and the late Saturday game simply wouldn’t have allowed the grounds crew enough time to repair and restructure the field before the original scheduled afternoon game. The Chargers and Raiders will kick off at 11:35 pm ET (yes, you read that correctly) on NFL Network Sunday night.
As to the rest of your NFL schedule, here is your Week 5 DirecTV channel guide.
1 p.m. et/10 a.m. game times:
- New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears – channel 704
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers – channel 705
- Seattle Seahawks at Indianapolis Colts – channel 706
- Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants – channel 707
- New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals – channel 708
- Baltimore Ravens at Miami Dolphins – channel 709
- Jacksonville Jaguars at St. Louis Rams – channel 710
- Kansas City Chiefs at Tennessee Titans – channel 711
4 p.m et/1 p.m. game times:
- Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals – channel 712
- Denver Broncos at Dallas Cowboys – channel 713
As always, the Red Zone channel is 703.