After losing number one wide receiver Reggie Wayne for the remainder of the season, many figured the Indianapolis Colts would use the NFL’s trade deadline to secure themselves a replacement.
That apparently won’t be the case as Colts head coach Chuck Pagano says the team is ‘standing pat’ in regards to a move.
“We’re standing pat,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano told Indianapolis reporters.
Of course, the Colts do have a handful of internal options they could turn to to ‘replace’ Wayne, including either LaVon Brazill or Griff Whalen. Both T.Y. Hilton and Darius Heyward-Bey are expected to take over the starting duties now with Wayne on the injured reserve.
A handful of other teams are said to be in the market for a new wideout, so the Colts dropping out creates a little less leverage for those teams trying to squeeze out as much value as they can.
- NFL trade rumors: Nobody has interest in Kenny Britt
- NFL trade rumors: Kenny Britt, Vinny Curry, Anthony Dixon available
- NFL trade rumors: Hakeem Nicks not expected to be dealt
- NFL trade rumors: Tony Gonzalez open to trade out of Atlanta
- NFL trade rumors: Redskins aggressively shopping Fred Davis
- NFL trade rumors: Jairus Byrd deal will ‘be difficult’
- NFL trade rumors: Could Cowboys make move for Jared Allen?
Tags: Indianapolis Colts