The New York Jets made a change, benching rookie quarterback Geno Smith and brining in quarterback Matt Simms and it might not have done much to change the course of the game. The Jets are fighting for a wild card spot and can’t afford to lose any games.
On the Jets second drive of the third quarter, Simms fumbled the football. It looks like it was meant to be some kind of read play, Simms holds out the football for running back Bilal Powell to take. Some how the ball doesn’t wind up in Powell’s hands and ends up on the ground.
Simms was credited with the fumble, which was recovered by Dolphins linebacker Philip Wheeler. Two plays later, Ryan Tanneholl connected with Brian Hartline for a 31 yard touchdown pass.
- Titans’ Delanie Walker injured, being evaluated by trainers (GIF)
- Cardinals and Eagles can’t hold on to the football (GIF)
- Josh Gordon scores a touchdown for the Browns (GIF)
- Panthers get on board with TD pass from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell (GIF)
- Panthers QB Cam Newton with impressive run vs. Buccaneers (GIF)
- Nick Foles strikes first with 6-yard TD vs. Cardinals (GIF)