Showtime Sports announced its 2022 full spring and summer events, featuring nine fight cards and lots of action and numerous titles on the line.
On March 15, Showtime Sports released its 2022 spring and summer boxing event lineup, which includes nine events and lots of hardware on the line.
Via a press release, Showtime Sports highlighted that their collection of bouts includes 21 undefeated fighters, seven world championship matches, three world title eliminators, and an intense series of welterweight meetings.
The action begins on March 26 when undefeated Australian super welterweight Tim Tszyu makes his U.S. debut at The Armory in Minneapolis, MN, against Terrell Gausha.
One of the most noteworthy contests is a welterweight unification bout between WBC and IBF champion Errol Spence Jr. and WBA champion Yordenis Ugas on April 16 at AT & T Stadium in Arlington, TX, near Spence’s hometown Desoto.
The other crown jewel of Showtime Sports’ lineup is the rematch between IBF, WBA and WBC super welterweight champion Jermell Charlo and WBO titleholder Brian Castaño. The two fought to an exciting split-draw in July 2021, and they’re looking to finish old business.
Here’s the full rundown of Showtime’s spring and summer events.
Showtime Sports Boxing Events
March 26 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: The Armory, Minneapolis, MN
- Main event: Tim Tszyu vs. Terrell Gausha, Super Welterweight bout
- Notable undercards: Michel Rivera vs. Joseph Adorno, lightweight bout / Elvis Rodriguez vs. Juan Jose Velasco, super lightweight (142 LBS) bout
April 9 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: The Theatre at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, NV
- Main event: Erickson Lubin vs. Sebastian Fundora, WBC Super Welterweight Interim Title
- Notable undercards: Tony Harrison vs. Sergio Garcia, super welterweight bout / Kevin Salgado vs. Bryant Perrella, super welterweight bout
April 16 – SHOWTIME PPV
- Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- Main event: Errol Spence Jr. vs. Yordenis Ugas, WBC, WBA & IBF Welterweight World Championship Unification
- Notable undercards: Radzhab Butaev vs. Eimantas Stanionis, WBA Welterweight Title bout/ Brandun Lee vs. Zachary Ochoa, super lightweight bout
May 14 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Main event: Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castaño II, Undisputed IBF, WBA, WBC & WBO Super Welterweight World Championship Unification
- Notable undercard: Jaron Ennis vs. Custio Clayton, IBF welterweight eliminator
May 21 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Main event: David Benavidez vs. David Lemieux, WBC Super Middleweight Interim Title
- Notable undercard: Yoelvis Gomez vs. Jorge Cota, super welterweight bout
May 28 – SHOWTIME PPV
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Main event: Gervonta Davis vs. Rolando Romero, WBA Lightweight World Championship
June 4 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Main event: Stephen Fulton, Jr. vs. Danny Roman, WBO & WBC Super Bantamweight World Championship
- Notable undercard: David Morrell vs. Kalvin Henderson, WBA Super Middleweight World Title
June 18 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: Houston, TX
- Main event: Jermall Charlo vs. Maciej Sulecki, WBC Middleweight World Championship
July 9 – SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
- Location: San Antonio, TX
- Main event: Mark Magsayo vs. Rey Vargas, WBC Featherweight World Championship