Opening Night in the NHL is around a week away, and the players still have yet to officially ratify the new collective bargaining agreement. However, all this week games have been leaking in as to who will play who when opening night does arrive. According to TSN’s Aaron Ward, NHL teams have received the revised schedule for this season, but no official announcement on games can be released until after the CBA has been ratified by the players.
NHL teams have received their final 2013 Schedule earlier this morning. #TSN
— Aaron Ward (@aaronward_nhl) January 11, 2013
Various tidbits about the NHL schedule have trickled in, like the fact that the Dallas Stars will have three consecutive games against the Anaheim Ducks. We also already know that the Los Angeles Kings will be opening up their Stanley Cup defense against the Chicago Blackhawks, but as many as 10 other games have been leaked and all but confirmed for opening night on January 19th.
When the puck does finally drop, here’s at least 11 games we will see:
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers
- Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Montreal Canadiens
- Detroit Red Wings at St. Louis Blues
- New York Rangers at Boston Bruins
- Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild
- Washington Capitals vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
- Ottawa Senators at Winnipeg Jets
- Columbus Blue Jackets at Nashville Predators
- Chicago Blackhawks at Los Angeles Kings
- New Jersey Devils at New York Islanders
No official word has been given on the times of these games, or the networks on which they will appear. There is speculation that NBC Sports Network will be shifting around it’s college basketball coverage on the 19th, as to accommodate airing the Kings-Blackhawks showdown.
The NHLPA is reportedly in the final stages of ratifying the new CBA which means the full revised schedule is just around the corner.
Stay tuned to Fansided.com for all the latest NHL schedule news as it breaks.