ESPN NBA analyst and former Fab Five member Jalen Rose is as entertaining of a basketball analyst as you will find on the air. Rose is never afraid to hold anything back and he has a lot of pride dating back to his days with the Michigan Wolverines.
On Saturday night, a group of Indiana students got to witness Roses’ entertainment off the television screen after the Hoosiers took down the Wolverines in Bloomington. Following the game, Rose decided to party it up with some students all night and go into story telling mode about his playing days.
Man, Jalen Rose is awesome.
LostLetterman.com scooped up some of the stories from a poster on reddit that detailed the encounter with Rose during the all night party. Per the information Lost Letterman gathered, here are some of the stories Rose shared during his drunken escapades:
- “He seemed fairly confident that MJ was hungover in Game 5 of the ’97 Finals and didn’t actually have the flu”
- On Reggie Miller’s house burning down in 1997: “He is SURE [ex-wife] Marita Miller burned down Reggie’s house”
- “Joked how he couldn’t smoke weed because ‘man I work for Disney!! You don’t think they drug test us?’ ”
- “He kept asking how the hell you work a bong and after getting chirped for it, he goes ‘PLEASE. black people only use pipes if they’re smoking crack’ “
- “He claimed he could hit 17 of 20 3s RIGHT THEN AND THERE, everyone howled and said no way, he just laughed and kept yelling ‘f*** ya’ll f*** ya’ll’ “
- “5am rolls around and he gets asked what time his flight is to leave for New Orleans – ‘oh I dunno….about 2 and a half hours’ “
- On Jamaal Tinsley: ‘The dude drank vodka more often than water…AND I let him live with me! For a MONTH!’ ”
That is pure gold. It looks like Rose is entertaining both on and off the screen. To go ahead and add to the story, the redditor shared these photos from the night:
Ahh, what a night. Good ole Jalen Rose then went on to catch a flight just after 7 a.m. to head to New Orleans for the Super Bowl. What a rock star.