We are three days in to the NFL free agency period, but there are a lot of top players and solid contributors left on the open market. Now that the heavy spending has been done, it is the appropriate time for teams to come swooping in and get players at a discounted and bargain value. While the big name signings to start free agency get the attention, it is the later acquisitions that fill out a roster which are key to winning a championship.
The defensive end market was slow to develop when the new league year began and a number of players are getting contracts worth much less than they had hoped for. The market isn’t paying out absorbent amounts of money for defensive linemen this offseason, so your team could be able to land a top tier pass rusher in a 4-3 of a five-technique for a 3-4 scheme at a discounted price.
Who are some of the top available players left on the market? Let’s take a look.
Here are the top available defensive ends that are remaining in free agency:
- Osi Umenyiora — 2012 team: New York Giants
- John Abraham — 2012 team: New England Patriots
- Matt Shaughnessy — 2012 team: Oakland Raiders
- Dwight Freeney — 2012 team: Indianapolis Colts
- Marcus Spears — 2012 team: Dallas Cowboys
- Israel Idonije — 2012 team: Chicago Bears
- Ty Warren — 2012 team: Denver Broncos
- Lawrence Jackson — 2012 team: Detroit Lions
- Vaughn Martin — 2012 team: San Diego Chargers
- Darryl Tapp — 2012 team: Philadelphia Eagles
If your team is in the market for a defensive end, which of these players would you like to go after or are is there another option you would like your team to pursue? Let us hear your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section.