Here on the FanSided Sports Network, we we feature a talented roster of writers that manage over 300 sites and provide fans with the type of original and up-to-date content that we all crave. As you start off your day, check out some of the links from around the network that cover yesterday’s top news and analysis of some of the biggest stories from around the network.
- With the Pac-12 officiating controversy courtesy of Ed Rush, All Coug’d Up analyzes Sean Miller’s controversial technical foul. [All Coug'd Up]
- Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish fell one out short of a perfect game. [FanSided]
- Small sample sizes be darned! Extrapolating Jhonny Peralta’s opening day performance puts him on track for an all-time great season. [Motor City Bengals]
- The Michigan Wolverines have come out of the gate hot with three of their four 2014 commitments ranked in the FanSided 150. They are looking to put together one of the most impressive 2014 football recruiting classes. [FanSided 150]
- Video: Watch Shaquille O’Neal’s retired jersey raised in the rafters next to Magic Johnson’s jersey. [FanSided.
- On April 1st, Trail Blazers rookie guard Damian Lillard made his 169th three pointer of the season in a road loss to the Utah Jazz. This means that the soon-to-be Rookie of the Year now holds the record for most 3 point field goals made by any player in their rookie season. Ever. [Rip City Project]
- The UFC has a real star on their hands on the current season of The Ultimate Fighter in Uriah Hall. [FanSided]
- Texas Rangers and shortstop Elvis Andrus agreed to an 8-year, $120 million contract extension, which spoils the Detroit Tigers plans of making a trade. [Motor City Bengals]
- Are the Boston Red Sox improved an ready to return to the postseason in 2013? [Bo Sox Injection]
- Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was indicted on murder charges. [FanSided]