The Oakland Raiders traded back from the No. 3 pick to No. 12 with a specific target and plan in mind. It’s fair to assume that since this is the Oakland Raiders that the plan would not work out, but when the pick was sent in to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the Raiders finally did the right thing.
Oakland made Houston cornerback DJ Hayden their selection.
Cornerback was one of the biggest needs for the Raiders, so taking the best corner available who has worked his butt off to return to the field is certainly a good pick. The Raiders have had commitment issues from their first-round selections in the past. This won’t be a problem with Hayden.
Hayden joins Tracy Porter and Mike Jenkins in a vastly improved secondary.
Here are the current draft results:
1. Kansas City Chiefs — Eric Fisher, offensive tackle, Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville Jaguars — Luke Joeckel, offensive tackle, Texas A&M
3. Miami Dolphins (via Oakland Raiders) — Dion Jordan, Outside Linebacker, Oregon
4. Philadelphia Eagles — Lane Johnson, offensive tackle, Oklahoma
5. Detroit Lions — Ezekiel Ansah, defensive end, BYU
6. Cleveland Browns — Barkevious Mingo, outside linebacker, LSU
7. Arizona Cardinals — Jonathan Cooper, guard, North Carolina
8. St. Louis Rams (from Buffalo Bills) — Tavon Austin, wide receiver, West Virginia
9. New York Jets — Dee Milliner, cornerback, Alabama
10. Tennessee Titans — Chance Warmack, guard, Alabama
11. San Diego Chargers — DJ Fluker, offensive tackle, Alabama
12. Oakland Raiders (from Miami Dolphins) — DJ Hayden, cornerback, Houston
The draft is always a treat for NFL fans, so be sure that you tune in and see who the newest players to rock your favorite teams uniforms will be, and stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the draft for the latest news, rumors and analysis of every pick.