Tonight, the NBA released the Social Media Awards and had a special television broadcast on NBATV with hosts Rocsi Diaz and Chris Webber. Kobe Bryant was the big winner taking home three awards.
- Best game of the year (or, the EPIC award): Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat back on March 18th.
- Best shot for a victory (or, the FTW award): Monta Ellis’ game-winner against the Houston Rockets.
- Best picture of the year (or, the Snapshot award): Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard’s fake fight.
- Best tweet of the year (or, the 140 award): Bryant’s response to Mark Cuban on the Lakers amnestying him.
- Player with the best fashion (or, the Trendsetter award): Russell Westbrook.
- Best video of the year (or, the OMG award): Miami Heat’s “Harlem Shake” (the TNT version was much better IMO).
- Worst play of the year (or, the LOL award): JaVale McGee (surprise!) trips and sends a pass/shot into the stands.
- The Social Media MVP award: Kobe Bryant.
- Best dunk of the year (or, the Social Slam award): DeAndre Jordan’s dunk on Brandon Knight.
Here’s a quick video to remind people of that posterization:
Other awards listed through the NBA Twitter account were Pau Gasol’s Social Difference award and Damian Lillard’s Social Rookie award.
Anybody that missed the awards show can check out a replay at 11:00 PM ET on NBATV and other airings throughout the night.