Here’s our draft day mock draft. We anticipate some trades, but here’s how it looks right now.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers – Nerlens Noel, PF/C, Kentucky
The Cavs are waffling on this one, but at the end of the day, the top all-around talent will be the selection.
2. Orlando Magic – Victor Oladipo, SG, Indiana
GM Rob Hennigan will pick Oladipo over McLemore, but Oladipo’s edge on defense may be the tie-breaker.
3. Washington Wizards – Otto Porter, SF, Georgetown
The Wizards have been on Porter all along, and he’s easily the best player on the board here.
4. Charlotte Bobcats – Alex Len, C, Maryland
I don’t see the Bobcats being able to help themselves from picking a skilled 7-footer. Not that they should, of course…
5. Phoenix Suns – Ben McLemore, SG, Kansas
McLemore fills a position of need for the Suns and is probably the best player available.
6. New Orleans Pelicans – Trey Burke, PG, Michigan
If Len falls here, he could be the pick. Otherwise, they’ll take the best point guard available to pair with Anthony Davis.
7. Sacramento Kings – C.J. McCollum, G, Lehigh
The Kings are apparently infatuated with the McCollum, but there may be some teams looking to move up and grab him.
8. Detroit Pistons – Michael Carter-Williams, PG, Syracuse
Detroit wants a point guard, and Carter-Williams is the best on the board.
9. Minnesota Timberwolves – Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, SG, Georgia
The Wolves love KCP, and he’s the pick. If he’s gone, Tyler Zeller would be their second option at #9.
10. Portland Trail Blazers – Cody Zeller, F/C, Indiana
If Caldwell-Pope or McCollum somehow slipped, the Blazers would likely pick either of them. Zeller is a nice fit with Damian Lillard.