UFC Fight Night 26 was a success as it helped launch FOX Sports 1 and UFC president Dana White proved that the event delivered by handing out two extra fight night bonuses. White gave an extra Knockout of the Night bonus thanks to the multiple options for the bonus.
The two knockout bonuses went to Travis Browne, who upset Alistair Overeem after being down early, and Matt Brown for his impressive 29 second win over Mike Pyle.
For Submission of the Night, main event participant Chael Sonnen received the bonus for his first-round guillotine win over Shogun Rua, along with Michael McDonald who also earned another bonus. Preliminary bout participants McDonald and Brad Pickett received Fight of the Night honors for their incredible back and forth card earlier in the night. It was a big night for McDonald, who came away with $100,000 in bonus money.
It was a great night of fights for the fans and it is just the beginning for the UFC on FOX Sports 1.
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: Chael Sonnen submits Shogun in Round 1
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: Travis Browne stuns Alistair Overeem with head kick KO in Round 1
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: Urijah Faber overwhelms Iuri Alcantara on way to decision win
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: Matt Brown KOs Mike Pyle in 29 seconds
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: John Howard edges Uriah Hall via split decision
- UFC Fight Night 26 results: Michael Johnson dominates Joe Lauzon on way to unanimous decision