Every year, Major League Baseball releases the numbers for the top selling jersey in the league and to nobody’s shock, New York Yankees closer and eventual Hall of Fame pitcher Mariano Rivera takes the nod in his final season.
Coming in second was also a fellow New York player, though, it wasn’t from the Yankees as some might expect – nope – in fact it was from the crosstown Mets as ace Matt Harvey took the second spot.
The Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles and New York Mets all had two representatives on the list.
1. Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees
2. Matt Harvey, New York Mets
3. Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
5. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
6. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
7. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
8. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
9. Yoenis Cespedes, Oakland Athletics
10. Mike Trout, LA Angels of Anaheim
11. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
12. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
13. David Wright, New York Mets
14. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
15. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
16. Chris Davis, Baltimore Orioles
17. Hyun-Jin Ryu, Los Angeles Dodgers
18. David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
19. Robinson Cano, New York Yankees
20. Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks
Topics: Arizona Diamondbacks, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, New York Yankees, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Nationals