Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler went down in a sack and immediately began to grab his hip. He walked off the field and went to the locker room. It looked like a hip injury because he had grabbed his hip, but it is in fact a groin injury.
It doesn’t seem like Jay Cutler will return to the game either. For the most part his return has been listed as questionable, but that doesn’t mean much.
The sack that injured him made him the Bears’ most sacked quarterback in franchise history. He has been sacked 158 times with the Bears.
Don’t expect Jay Cutler to return for the Bears for the game. he has a groin injury.
— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) October 20, 2013
FOX says that Bears QB Jay Cutler has a groin injury and is questionable to return.
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 20, 2013
Officially from the Bears – Jay Cutler questionable to return with a groin injury
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 20, 2013
[UPDATE 1:48:] It is being reported on NFL network that Jay Cutler has been ruled out of the game and is unlikely to return.
- Mike Tolbert scores TD and dances (GIF)
- Jay Cutler leaves game with injury (GIF)
- Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Tavon Austin celebrates touchdown that was called back (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)
- Rob Gronkowski’s first catch of the season (GIF)
- Andy Dalton hits AJ Green for 82-yard score (GIF)
- Carolina Panthers kick off scoring with pick-six (GIF)