Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham has been asked to leave the game. He wasn’t ejected by the referees, but it appears he was asked to leave the game by his head coach.
Gresham was arguing with a Detroit Lions player when he was was being separated by referees. The referee had his hand on Gresham and as he turned to back away he did one of those swim-like moves where you knock someones hand off you.
[h/t] Business Insider
That resulted in him getting penalized and asked to leave.
Jermaine Gresham evidently has NOT been ejected. Instead, Marvin Lewis might have simply told him to go sit in the locker room.
— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) October 20, 2013
[UPDATE:] Gresham returned to the game.
Jermaine Gresham is now back for the Bengals.
— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) October 20, 2013
- Mike Tolbert scores TD and dances (GIF)
- Jay Cutler leaves game with injury (GIF)
- Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Tavon Austin celebrates touchdown that was called back (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)
- Rob Gronkowski’s first catch of the season (GIF)
- Andy Dalton hits AJ Green for 82-yard score (GIF)
- Carolina Panthers kick off scoring with pick-six (GIF)