The Detroit Lions watched Calvin Johnson have an incredible day with over 300 yards receiving, but they lost yet another wide receiver for what appears to be the season. After losing Nate Burleson to a broken arm a few weeks ago, the Lions will now have to replace Ryan Broyles who has reportedly ruptured his Achilles.
Detroit Lions reporter Tim Twentyman passed along the news from head coach Jim Schwartz:
Schwartz said the initial diagnosis on Broyles is a ruptured Achilles
— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 27, 2013
You have to feel bad for Broyles.
He is an incredibly talented young wide receiver, but he has never been able to stay healthy. The latest injury is yet another setback that will derail him from reaching his full potential.
The good news for Detroit is that they have a few days until the trade deadline to bolster their receiving corp.
- Pierre Garcon hauls in amazing one-handed catch (GIF)
- Matthew Stafford scores game winning TD (GIF)
- Dez Bryant, Jason Witten have heated argument on sideline (GIF)
- Terrelle Pryor has 93-yd TD run vs. Steelers (GIF)
- Dez Bryant celebrates touchdown with expletives (GIF)
- Giants special teams unit continues to be embarrassing (GIF)