On Sunday morning, it was initially reported that Minnesota Vikings five-time Pro Bowler Jared Allen could be on his way out of town before the NFL trade deadline on Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET. The Vikings sit at 1-6, so they could be looking to part ways with one of the most valuable assets on their team, especially if it means getting at least a third-round pick in return so they can begin their rebuilding process.
One team that would be an obvious fit for Allen is the Dallas Cowboys, who are always looking to make a splash and improve their team.
Some late heart-breaking losses have hurt the team’s record and they have had plenty of injuries along the defensive line, including placing Anthony Spencer on the injured reserve list, so adding Allen to play opposite DeMarcus Ware could be one of the most dangerous pass rushing duos in the league outside of Kansas City.
If the Cowboys wanted to bring in Allen, they would need to part ways with a premium draft pick, but perhaps they could add in wide receiver Miles Austin who doesn’t appear to be in their future plans thanks to the emergence of rookie Terrence Williams.
Allen does appear like one of the most likely players to be moved by the deadline, so we will have to keep our eyes peeled on the latest developments as the deadline draws closer.
- NFL trade rumors: Browns open to moving Jordan Cameron
- NFL trade rumors: Browns more likely to move Greg Little than Josh Gordon
- NFL Trade Rumors: Josh Gordon wants to stay with Browns
- Cowboys trade rumors: Could Darren McFadden be a target?
- NFL Trade Rumors: Hakeem Nicks on the move?
- NFL Trade Rumors: 49ers open to trading running back Anthony Dixon?
- NFL Trade Rumors: Cardinals likely to trade Larry Fitzgerald by next season