We’re just about the to the half-way point of the 2013 NFL season and it’s been an interesting first half. If there is one thing you can count on for the second half of the season, it is that things will change. Teams routinely stumble after great starts, and other teams go on streaks after struggling to get started.
So FanSided Assistant Editor Bryan Rose and myself have put together a few predictions for the second half of the season. These are meant to be fun in nature.
Bryan Rose’s second half predictions:
- Greg Schiano is canned by Week 14
- Cam Newton plays absurdly in the second half, putting his name into MVP contention as the Panthers charge towards the playoffs.
- The New York Giants finish at .500 or better
- Jacksonville Jaguars do not win a game
- Pittsburgh Steelers will not finish in last place
- Houston Texans win no more than 4 games in the second half, finishing with 6 wins or less
Mike Dyce’s second half predictions:
- The Atlanta Falcons never turn their season around and finish below .500
- The Detroit Lions will win the NFC West with an easy second half schedule
- The Dallas Cowboys will find a way to not win the NFC East in a down year that should be theirs
- Peyton Manning breaks a single season record for either yards or touchdowns