As we approach this afternoon’s NFL trade deadline, there are reports that the Philadelphia Eagles could be willing to part ways with talented defensive end Vinny Curry. The former Marshall standout was highly touted entering the NFL and he has begun to live up to expectations as a talented pass rusher.
Now, we will have to see if he has a new team by 4 p.m. ET.
From Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:
For the #Eagles and Vinny Curry, they’ve taken calls, not made them. Organization sees his talent. We’ll see if they get an offer big enough
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 29, 2013
One team to watch could be the Dallas Cowboys, if they swing and miss on Jared Allen, but it isn’t likely that they would be willing to offer enough compensation to a division rival that is still competing for the NFC East crown.
We will keep a close eye on this one.
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings have had discussions involving Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Nobody has interest in Kenny Britt
- NFL trade rumors: Kenny Britt, Vinny Curry, Anthony Dixon available
- NFL trade rumors: Hakeem Nicks not expected to be dealt
- NFL trade rumors: Tony Gonzalez open to trade out of Atlanta
- NFL trade rumors: Redskins aggressively shopping Fred Davis
- NFL trade rumors: Jairus Byrd deal will ‘be difficult’