New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was viewed as one of the biggest names that could have been dealt before this afternoon’s trade deadline, but now it doesn’t appear that the team will be moving one of their top pass catchers.
From Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, the Giants aren’t expected to make any moves:
The trading deadline is 4 p.m. today. Don’t expect the Giants to do anything. #NYG
— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) October 29, 2013
Moving Nicks made sense when the Giants were winless, but now that they have pulled off back-to-back wins, it wouldn’t be wise to get rid of one of their offensive threats.
Add in that the Giants sit just two games back in the NFC East, and it makes the most sense to keep your roster intact.
- NFL trade rumors: Tony Gonzalez open to trade out of Atlanta
- NFL trade rumors: Redskins aggressively shopping Fred Davis
- NFL trade rumors: Jairus Byrd deal will ‘be difficult’
- NFL trade rumors: Could Cowboys make move for Jared Allen?
- NFL trade rumors: Browns open to moving Jordan Cameron
- NFL trade rumors: Browns more likely to move Greg Little than Josh Gordon
- NFL Trade Rumors: Josh Gordon wants to stay with Browns
- Cowboys trade rumors: Could Darren McFadden be a target?