Early Sunday morning, reports surfaced that the Pittsburgh Steelers were expecting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to ask for a trade in the offseason as he becomes increasingly frustrated with the direction the team is headed, but after the team’s big win over the Buffalo Bills he wanted to put those reports to rest.
Roethlisberger spoke to the media in the locker room after the game and said that the reports were “completely unacceptable” and “one of the most B.S. stories I’ve ever heard.”
With his big salary and the cap hit that the Steelers would need to take in order to move Roethlisberger, it is highly unlikely that he would be traded. However, you can never count anything out and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the team at least explore offers for their quarterback no matter what Big Ben has to say.
- Ravens K Justin Tucker kicks game winning FG, does Terio (GIF)
- Bengals run horrendous fourth down play in overtime (GIF)
- A.J. Green catches deflected hail mary pass for touchdown to tie game (GIF)
- Nick Fairley swallows up Bears two-point conversion attempt (GIF)
- Little kid in Seahawks jersey dancing while his team takes care of the Falcons (GIF)
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)
- Tavon Austin breaks off 98-yard punt return for TD (GIF)